I'll keep a copy of it here. As a reference and an inspiration.
- Trying to understand why on earth anyone progressive would endorse a person's view that they were "born in the wrong body"
- Wouldn't our first response be to validate the beauty of their body? To try to find out what negative experiences had led them to this view?
- Would we not consider if racism, sexism, disableism or physical or sexual abuse had brought them to such a conclusion?
- Would we not hold them & care for them while they shed whatever negative feelings they had had imposed on them about their beautiful bodies?
- Would we not expect that any professional, counsellor, teacher, mentor would start from this position & work to ease their pain before...
- ...deciding the only way forward is to affirm the negativity a body-shaming society has imposed & concluding transition is the only answer?
- In other words, have we abandoned everything we know? And what the hell has happened to our duty of care to children & young people?